Re: newbie question

On 11/05/2010 02:39 AM, Bob Schmidt wrote:
Hi All,

I installed ubuntu 10.10 on my hp dv9260 x64 and everything worked
flawlessly, including wireless. I even have skype working out of the box
which is very unusual for me anyway.

But now after a few days, for some reason my wireless will not connect.
It sees the wireless network, but it will not connect. I can plug in a
ethernet cable and everything works fine, it is just wireless.

Any ideas?

Bob

Maybe you're getting some sort of broad-band interference at 2.4GHz. Do
you have
any other "wi-fi" stuff that uses that band and still works? Also, try
moving either the
sender or the receiver a foot or two. There can be fairly steep nulls,
and you may
be in one. (That's why some of the "wii-fi" gear has two antennas--to
try and beat
the null problem.)

--doug

Blessed are the peacemakers...for they shall be shot at from both sides.
--A. M. Greeley

  • Re: Bugs on aspire one A150
    ... as it was the only available here, and installed ubuntu on it. ... Sometimes wireless fails completely, ... Got, a SD card, and with help of pciehp it works almost perfectly in both slots. ... due to the fact that R/O switch is ignored. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Bugs on aspire one A150
    ... as it was the only available here, and installed ubuntu on it. ... Bugs I discovered so far: ... I disabled that behaver in gnome-power-manager and now no more hangs. ... Sometimes wireless fails completely, ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Bugs on aspire one A150
    ... as it was the only available here, and installed ubuntu on it. ... Bugs I discovered so far: ... Sometimes wireless fails completely, ... That will help Rafael the regression hunter pick it up. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Bugs on aspire one A150
    ... I have just bought an Aspire one A150, XP version, ... as it was the only available here, and installed ubuntu on it. ... Sometimes wireless fails completely, ... mac address it stopped working. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: wireless network interface in Debian
    ... I have a friend who recently installed Ubuntu on his laptop and IIRC he had the same card ... Once you are done installing those and modprobed the wireless module, see what is the output of this command: ... If you get your wireless interface listed here, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)