Re: sharing folders with Nautilus

On 11/05/2010 09:41 AM, Scott Berry wrote:
Okay I tried what you said but I have a little dilemma here. My
username is scott and my domain is Princess. So would I do:

scott.Princess.Canine?

*Please* bottom post on this list... meaning put your reply at the
bottom of the msg - thanks :-) See:
[Proper quoting:]

Should be:

127.0.0.1 localhost scott.Canine

but let's check to be sure...

Please provide the output of these commands (include the full output,
including everything before the $ ):

$ cat /etc/hosts
[note: you can omit the IPv6 section of this one]
$ hostname
$ users
$ cat /etc/samba/smb.conf
[note: *only* provide the lines containing:
# Change this to the workgroup/NT-domain name your Samba server will part of
workgroup = <workgroupname>

Now: please provide the Windows workgroup name that you use on your
Windows systems (right click 'My Computer' & click on
Properties|Computer Name - you'll see is listed as 'Workgroup:
<workgroupname>).