Re: sharing folders with Nautilus

On 11/05/2010 09:41 AM, Scott Berry wrote:
Okay I tried what you said but I have a little dilemma here. My
username is scott and my domain is Princess. So would I do:

scott.Princess.Canine?

*Please* bottom post on this list... meaning put your reply at the
bottom of the msg - thanks :-) See:
[Proper quoting:]

Should be:

127.0.0.1 localhost scott.Canine

but let's check to be sure...

Please provide the output of these commands (include the full output,
including everything before the $ ):

$ cat /etc/hosts
[note: you can omit the IPv6 section of this one]
$ hostname
$ users
$ cat /etc/samba/smb.conf
[note: *only* provide the lines containing:
# Change this to the workgroup/NT-domain name your Samba server will part of
workgroup = <workgroupname>

Now: please provide the Windows workgroup name that you use on your
Windows systems (right click 'My Computer' & click on
Properties|Computer Name - you'll see is listed as 'Workgroup:
<workgroupname>).

  • Re: Setting up security level
    ... The others need to join the workgroup where your security was set up. ... If you follow the proper security instructions, ... a file from somebody elses computer it opens just fine ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: Samba on Jaunty
    ... share a folder on my linux box with my windows workgroup. ... you DID turn OFF the linux firewall AND turn ON the SMB service? ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: workgroup
    ... This reason you're seeing windows workgroup "pop up" is that they ... broadcast their names every so often and that broadcast is cached. ... will still need to broadcast their nbt name table which you can capture via ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: workgroup
    ... > This reason you're seeing windows workgroup "pop up" is that they ... > broadcast their names every so often and that broadcast is cached. ... So when I browse the network neighborhood, I see the workgroup joehome. ... >> I was wondering if there's a way to see who's in a windows workgroup. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Samba on Jaunty
    ... share a folder on my linux box with my windows workgroup. ... all in the same workgroup and not running firewalls. ... you DID turn OFF the linux firewall AND turn ON the SMB service? ...
    (Ubuntu)