Re: will 11.04 replace bash

On 11/08/2010 10:30 AM, Doug wrote:
Please don't confuse "shell" with "GUI."

Sir, I think you yourself should stop confusing everybody and maybe
learn a bit, GNOME and Unity are shells, as is Bash, Dash, SH, SFTP and
others. You've obviously not spent much in computer science. You are
confusing the term "GUI shell" and "Command-Line Shell".

Thanks for playing.

  • Re: will 11.04 replace bash
    ... learn a bit, GNOME and Unity are shells, as is Bash, Dash, SH, SFTP and ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Bash/Dash problem
    ... dash Start_Midisport.sh ... Here you're using three potentially different shells, ... If you only have dash on your target device there's no point using bash ... constructs and expecting them to work. ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: [ Attn: Randy ] Ad-hoc Parsing?
    ... One of the biggest advantages of Unix-like shells ... > flexible as the Unix scripts using the more powerful ... about bash, which being a fully-capable shell, can launch programs ... > execute the com program itself). ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: [ Attn: Randy ] Ad-hoc Parsing?
    ... > if people have been discussing the unix ... One of the biggest advantages of Unix-like shells ... better Unix-like shells (sh, csh, bash, ...) used in Unix/Linux ... that scripts in DOS/Windows (using the less ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: problems with .bashrc
    ... Seems like bash isn't reading the rc file. ... I think what is happening is the aliases in .shrc are not read directly by ... Non-login interactive bash shells (when changing or starting new shells ...
    (freebsd-questions)