Re: Biometric authentication

On 11/08/2010 02:37 AM, Thiago Cavalcante wrote:
Dear,

I have an HP Pavilion dv5-1260br has biometric authentication. I would
like to utlize it with Ubuntu 10.10, does anyone know if you have
hardware support and how to install?

Perhaps?
https://launchpad.net/~fingerprint/+archive/fprint
http://reactivated.net/fprint/wiki/Supported_devices

What is the output of:

$ lsusb

  • Re: Penguin question
    ... > Not too hard, mine dew I'd probably try one of the live CDs first, ... ubuntu is very impressive in its hardware support. ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)
  • Re: Will Debian include Ubuntu changes?
    ... of including some of the wireless drivers that Ubuntu has gotten into ... But it's also a hardware support request, ... hardware supported is that they use a newer kernel. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Biometric authentication
    ... I have an HP Pavilion dv5-1260br has biometric authentication. ... like to utlize it with Ubuntu 10.10, does anyone know if you have ... hardware support and how to install? ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Thoughts on Vista
    ... It implies an expanding base for Ubuntu and Linux, and a shrinking one for Microsoft. ... it implies better hardware support in all Linuxes. ... "Ubuntu includes the very best in translations and accessibility infrastructure" ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Hows the next Ubuntu coming along?
    ... >> In x86 the hardware support is by far better than anything else I have ... >> Ubuntu, suspend, hibernate, cpu scaling and much more just works. ... I have a thinkpad, yes. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)