Re: new to ubuntu

On 11/11/2010 08:35 PM, yatheesh y wrote:
Dear all

I am know to this group recently i install ubuntu in my organization can any
one help me the following ...

1)How to login as root to do administrative task

2) how to give client permission
3) any e book available online?

I'd recommend starting here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/
https://help.ubuntu.com/10.10/index.html
https://help.ubuntu.com/community
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CommonQuestions

http://www.ubuntupocketguide.com/index_main.html
[dated but still has some excellent information for beginners - download
the pdf]
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-manual
http://ubuntu-manual.org/
[excellent ref updated to 10.04]

  • installation help !!!!
    ... I have been trying to install Ubuntu now for about three weeks with no ... Gave up waiting for root device, ... Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: new to ubuntu
    ... 1)How to login as root to do administrative task ... IIRC, when you install Ubuntu it tells you how to do this.... ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Being root
    ... way of logging on as root or su'ing to root. ... the root password when you install Ubuntu ... At login the password you enter is encrypted using cryptand the ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: new to ubuntu
    ... I am know to this group recently i install ubuntu in my organization ... 1)How to login as root to do administrative task ... George W Bush ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: XP user cant access Internet
    ... Abo wrote: ... Ditch it and install Ubuntu 8.10 instead, ... give them the root password... ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)