Re: 32bit on AMD64
- From: Loïc Grenié <loic.grenie@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 12:34:39 +0100
2010/11/18 Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Thursday 18 November 2010 01:40:15 am Markus Schönhaber wrote:
17.11.2010 21:44, Thierry de Coulon:
Is there some magic I can do to (force?) install an i386 package?
dpkg --install --force-architecture <package>
should do it.
It _does_ get the debs installed (actually converted from rpm) but the scanner
is not seen by sane, so the driver is, at least not loaded.
Il have to take a closer look at what is supposed to be loaded. Or should I
remove sane/64 and install the 32 bit version?
Indeed. The 32 bit libs can be used only by 32 bit programs. You
need 32 bit sane and the corresponding 32 bit libraries. It will easily
get hairy !
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: CTRL-EVENT-SCAN-RESULTS
- Next by Date: USB Device loads twice, WTF lucid lynx on lsd
- Previous by thread: Re: 32bit on AMD64
- Next by thread: ldap pam configuration