Re: Filename brace expansion in scripts

On Thu, 2010-11-18 at 16:13 +0000, Colin Law wrote:

I see, I don't now know where I got into the habit of putting
usr/bin/env sh there. Somehow I had understood that as the
conventional thing to do.

You can always put #! /usr/bin/env bash which is probably overkill,
since bash is almost always installed in /bin.

--
Smoot Carl-Mitchell
System/Network Architect

  • Re: Problem with format string exploit dev in FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT
    ... But in my opinion I should get shell. ... > Somehow exploit is not working and I don't know the reason. ... This exploit code use bash, in bsd root may use csh, try to change the exploit or port a bash. ... Check out the latest SMS services @ http://www.linuxmail.org ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • Re: About Tcl syntax...
    ... which is somehow similar to $) known from Bash. ... clear and still very handy. ... that's legal syntax right now (refers to the ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Pynchon: bash around
    ... somehow: start over. ... the devils who haven't even six months to bash around in." ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Networking / Kill Questions
    ... > They will also have a discusion on how to do this: perl, bash, sh, ... > whatever and what the advantages and disadvatages are of each and ... Writing scripts in bash is something a real sysadmin would ... Except that one of the ANDs lead to a habit that will have you stumped if ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Pynchon: bash around
    ... somehow: start over. ... I'm lucky to get what I got. ... the devils who haven't even six months to bash around in." ...
    (alt.usage.english)