Re: ext3, ext4 on floppy

On Sun, December 5, 2010 17:25, Aneto wrote:
Is it possible to use ext3 or ext4 on floppy disk ?

Technically, yes. But I'd use ext2 on a floppy, or on any other storage
medium smaller than 100 MB (rule of thumb, invented on the spot).

  • Re: Laufwerk A: im DOS Emulator ansprechen
    ... das Laufwerk bei der Arbeit mit dem Dosemu _nicht_ ... Naja, einfach so, ohne Vorbereitung, geht's auch nicht, wenn man etwas mehr ... auf ein "externes Medium" hin - nicht evtl. ... -A boot from first defined floppy disk ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.linux.hardware)
  • Re: FAT16 help needed!!!
    ... absence of an MBR on the medium. ... their not quite so floppy 3.5" offspring) never have an MBR, ... the format with a partition table and a single primary partition ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Cassette Capacity
    ... of flint as a recording tool the data retention rate has been shown to ... information storage remain for hundreds of millions of years. ... I find that any other medium is so much less convenient to use and to ... verify that I do not verify them. ...
    (comp.sys.apple2)
  • Re: Double space or similiar for CP/M
    ... for CP/M that would would automatically compress / decompress files on ... are floppy based only and have limited disk storage. ... which were intended to help people with small floppy disk drives. ...
    (comp.os.cpm)
  • Re: Word 2003 hangs indefinitely looking for a floppy
    ... bring up any number of posts on this topic and the answer is always the ... kills the medium in no time; ... Corruption of data is not the problem, ... >> Explorer), work on it, close it, copy it back to the floppy. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)