Re: firefox broken

Colin Law wrote:
What ssh command are you using to connect?

ssh -X hostname

What command are you running to start FF?

firefox

What happens if you run remotely from the third machine, but as
yourself as user?

It works normally.

Cheers, Dave

  • Re: Remote login, graphically?
    ... I can already login via SSH and fix things with a text editor. ... Now, I'd like to start several X programs on her machine, but have the user interface on my machine. ... However, when I start "firefox", I get the following error after some time waiting: ... The program 'firefox-bin' received an X Window System error. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: ssh and dhcp interactions?
    ... | with that name is it gonna complain? ... SSH has to take into consideration that a hostname can have multiple IP ... you will obviously have to change what you refer to. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Network Question
    ... They usually allow one to specify fixed IP and hostname for the DHCP clients based on the MAC addresses. ... ssh: Could not resolve hostname machine2.example.com: hostname nor servname ... I think the problem here lies with the /etc/hosts file where machine1 and ... For many years I have 8 Freebsd boxes behind a PF firewall on a static labeled lan. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: x forwarding over SSH
    ... I notice that on Windows, Firefox lingers for a few moments after the ... some applications, even when I closed the application itself, the SSH ... then I close the xclock app, the ssh session exits. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Remote login, graphically?
    ... I have installed Ubuntu on my mother's machine. ... I have tunneled X through SSH with: ... "firefox", I get the following error after some time waiting: ... The program 'firefox-bin' received an X Window System error. ...
    (Ubuntu)