Has the Code Of Conduct changed? ...again?

After the lengthy discussion some time back about to whom the CoC
refers, I had thought that the Code was adjusted to reflect that
users were also to be considered to be community members and subject to
the CoC. I just today reviewed said code
<http://www.ubuntu.com/community/conduct>
and noticed this:

----------
"We expect members of the Ubuntu community to be respectful when
dealing with other contributors as well as with people outside the
Ubuntu project and with users of Ubuntu."
----------

Doesn't that once more indicate that users are /NOT/ members since the,
"members," are expected to be, "...respectful when dealing with...
users..."

Some reworking of the Code obviously still needs to be done.
I really think the thing needs to be looked at by someone who has a
good command of the language and the meanings of words.

Maybe Canonical has an attorney in its employ who could do the dirty
deed.

Once again I'd just like to say that I have no problem adhering to the
Code, I would just like for it to be unambiguous.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
In a world full of audio visual marvels, may words matter to you and be
full of magic.

  • Re: Has the Code Of Conduct changed? ...again?
    ... users were also to be considered to be community members and subject to ... The CoC has not yet changed. ... Ubuntu project and with users of Ubuntu." ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Has the Code Of Conduct changed? ...again?
    ... The CoC is a toothless tiger" that are not members of the lists, and, it ... In a world full of audio visual marvels, may words matter to you and be ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Mary Freeman Winklers Hands & Arms have Track Mark Scars
    ... monitored and controlled by the church member who is assigned to you. ... You wrote an excellent summary of the COC. ... My sister and BIL were also members at ... the church, confessed their "sin" to the minister, who then told the ...
    (alt.true-crime)
  • Re: An interesting gobbet of shite from "Jerry"
    ... <snip usual Candlish lies and personal abuse> ... untruths about the COC, its members and their families. ... remorse, in fact the only remorse you seem to have displayed is ...
    (uk.rec.naturist)
  • That Code of Conduct
    ... the impression that it is the law of the land where Ubuntu lists/forums ... same ideas are central to the way the Ubuntu community collaborates. ... ["Members of the.. ... That collaboration depends on good relationships between developers. ...
    (Ubuntu)