Re: python3 programming for novices

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 12:52:14 +0000
Steve Flynn <anothermindbomb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 12:19 PM, Pete <psmouty@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm trying to teach myself python3 from a BASIC backgound, wondering if
anyone can recommend any on-line resources or books to aid my transition?

A mailing list for python beginners would also be useful to bounce ideas
/ problems around in!

I take it you've already digested http://docs.python.org/release/3.0.1/tutorial/

I allways recommend http://www.briggs.net.nz/log/writing/snake-wrangling-for-kids/ don’t be put off by the title, it is rather good for those with out any/much background in programming.

--
Steve Cook (Yorvyk)

http://lubuntu.net

  • Re: python3 programming for novices
    ... anyone can recommend any on-line resources or books to aid my transition? ... A mailing list for python beginners would also be useful to bounce ideas ...
    (Ubuntu)