Re: Help...I have no panels

On 01/20/2011 03:57 PM, MR ZenWiz wrote:
On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 1:42 PM, Albert Wagner<albertwagner@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't use the trinity (Applications-Places-System) applet, I prefer
the main menu by itself - less space in the panel and one button
instead of three. Guess I'm monobuttonistic....
How do you do that?

Right-click the trinity applet and select "Remove from panel." Then
right-click the panel, select "Add to Panel" and navigate to "Main
Menu" and add it to the panel. I would also move it to where you want
it and lock it down there.

You may also want to make sure all the entities you want are included
in the menus - to do that you can edit the menus either by
right-clicking the menu icon and select "Edit Menus" or you can go
into System->Preferences->Main Menu and edit them there.

With my HD monitors, I put the top panel on the right side and the
bottom panel on the left with the main menu at the bottom of the right
panel. On the Dell where I have two monitors, I put another copy of
the menu on the bottom of the left panel, too, though I frequently
forget it's there because the right panel is wider and the icon much
larger....

Cool. All the time I looked at that Add to Panel list, I never noticed the menu items.