I made a big mistake: dependency hell!
- From: Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 22:29:08 +0200
In trying to install Digikam 1.7 on Kubuntu 10.10 I got myself into
dependency hell. I was installing some Natty packages with dpkg. Now I
cannot even open Konsole, Dolphin, or any other KDE app other that
what is already open. When I try to "apt-get install -f" in a virtual
terminal it wants to remove almost everything! Of course, I cannot cut
and paste from there. Of course, the apt-get database is up to date
with the proper repos.
Help! I don't know what to do! I tried removing the last packages
installed as listed in /var/lib/dpkg/info (with a simple ls -la
command in there), but aptitiude and apt-get both want to remove 200
packages even when I try to remove just those ten or so.
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: init: hwclock main process terminated with status 2
- Next by Date: Re: I made a big mistake: dependency hell!
- Previous by thread: init: hwclock main process terminated with status 2
- Next by thread: Re: I made a big mistake: dependency hell!