Re: mysql 5.5.8 on lenny

From source, but we warned, you need to install cmake to build it, they no
longer use autoconf etc so you're up for new learning curve, Oracle becoming

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 9:41 PM, Bazy <bazy84@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm running 10.04.2 LTS on 64bit. The mysql version that I can install
with from lenny packages is 5.1.41-3ubuntu12.9, but, for the hell of
it :-) the developers require 5.5.8. I've been googling around and
found "alien" to convert rpm to deb, I also found some packages in
ppa's but I'm not installing those in production.
What would be the best/recommended way to install mysql 5.5.8?

Thank you for your ideas,

ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

Relevant Pages

  • DBI / DBD / MySQL installation problem
    ... I used to run Red Hat 9, and had a perfect relationship with Perl, DBI, ... able to connect to MySQL from Perl via DBI. ... Running install for module Mysql ...
  • Re: How to migrate my localhost php site to my ISP - Was: willing to learn php basics
    ... I have now got to a point that I have a working MySQL database system on ... could not expect to install a database that would be available to the ... As Monique said, you can use MySQL to store passwords and write your own login script, but you should also be able to use basic authentication in the web server to require a user name and password for access to web pages, which may well be enough for your purposes. ...
  • Installing Puresecure on Solaris 8
    ... Getting puresecure installed on Solaris was very difficult. ... I had to manually install a number of things. ... CONFIGURING MYSQL: ... INSTALLING PERL MODULES ...
  • Re: Problem installing Mysql from on 5.0.7
    ... The FSU-threads needs the system to have all the latest patches. ... FSU-threads and MySQL are very tempramental to system changes and the way ... Please specify the operating system you want to install Pthreads on: ... SCO UNIX ...
  • Re: MySQL gem problem on OS X [SOLVED]
    ... My mysql gem 2.7 is installed in the following directory: ... I have a symlink to the full name of the install to simplify the path name. ... using UNIX command cd) your way to each of those directories in separate terminal windows. ... but start with sudo. ...