Re: mysql 5.5.8 on lenny

From source, but we warned, you need to install cmake to build it, they no
longer use autoconf etc so you're up for new learning curve, Oracle becoming
windozy.

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 9:41 PM, Bazy <bazy84@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I'm running 10.04.2 LTS on 64bit. The mysql version that I can install
with from lenny packages is 5.1.41-3ubuntu12.9, but, for the hell of
it :-) the developers require 5.5.8. I've been googling around and
found "alien" to convert rpm to deb, I also found some packages in
ppa's but I'm not installing those in production.
What would be the best/recommended way to install mysql 5.5.8?

Thank you for your ideas,
Cheers!
Bazy

  • DBI / DBD / MySQL installation problem
    ... I used to run Red Hat 9, and had a perfect relationship with Perl, DBI, ... able to connect to MySQL from Perl via DBI. ... Running install for module Mysql ...
    (perl.dbi.users)
  • Re: How to migrate my localhost php site to my ISP - Was: willing to learn php basics
    ... I have now got to a point that I have a working MySQL database system on ... could not expect to install a database that would be available to the ... As Monique said, you can use MySQL to store passwords and write your own login script, but you should also be able to use basic authentication in the web server to require a user name and password for access to web pages, which may well be enough for your purposes. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Installing Puresecure on Solaris 8
    ... Getting puresecure installed on Solaris was very difficult. ... I had to manually install a number of things. ... CONFIGURING MYSQL: ... INSTALLING PERL MODULES ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Enabling MySQL for PHP on CentOS 5
    ... I cannot get PHP to use mysql correctly. ... find are instructions to install each portion from scratch. ... If you have the mysql-dev and apache-dev packages installed, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)