Re: Autorun is VERY bad

On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 17:33 +0100, Oliver Grawert wrote:
i'm talking about *this list*, there is a reason why ubuntu differs
from other lists and is praised for its userfriendly way of supporting
people, did you think about that ?

Huh? <ROFLOL> <slaps knee and gaffaws> Thanks, I needed a good chuckle.

I have to agree, to a point, with those in the RTFM camp. It IS
time-honored, and the bit about "teaching a man to fish" has merit. It's
brutal, yes. But, like training a puppy by putting his nose into the
puddle, there are times when someone will just strain the usual suspects
(responders) patience when some off-the-wall question would require
emailing the Internet to their mailbox. Ergo, RTFM is called for, for
the lazy, but style may dictate softening the blow. But, I've had RTFM
used on me, back when, and it didn't kill me to take the advice. Ric

Linux user# 44256