Re: Autorun is VERY bad

On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 17:33 +0100, Oliver Grawert wrote:
i'm talking about *this list*, there is a reason why ubuntu differs
from other lists and is praised for its userfriendly way of supporting
people, did you think about that ?

Huh? <ROFLOL> <slaps knee and gaffaws> Thanks, I needed a good chuckle.

I have to agree, to a point, with those in the RTFM camp. It IS
time-honored, and the bit about "teaching a man to fish" has merit. It's
brutal, yes. But, like training a puppy by putting his nose into the
puddle, there are times when someone will just strain the usual suspects
(responders) patience when some off-the-wall question would require
emailing the Internet to their mailbox. Ergo, RTFM is called for, for
the lazy, but style may dictate softening the blow. But, I've had RTFM
used on me, back when, and it didn't kill me to take the advice. Ric

Linux user# 44256

  • Re: Confusion
    ... almost every entry in those lists refers to attempting to ... Someone else started a thread with a proper subject line which seems to have gone ignored. ... ..the Sin of Ignorance, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Red Hat Commits To MITs $100 Laptop
    ... >> Perhaps the MIT web site is out of date, but it lists the specs ... >> Looks like the specs for a PDA. ... ...the Sin of Stupidity. ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: how would you backup 1TB of data to dvds?
    ... learn to live with the fact that you will get diversity in the advice ... from others on these lists. ... ..the Sin of Ignorance, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: I Was Wondering???
    ... a classic example of why top posting is not good. ... I'm on several other lists for projects that are ... ..the Sin of Ignorance, ... Linux user# 44256 ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [ADMIN] Additional moderator(s) sought for ubuntu-users list
    ... not to the broader concept of moderation at ... I have been on lists where the moderators made everyone so mad that most of the active participants left. ... We had to insert <TID> "Thread is Deteriorating" on the subject line or get yelled at by the group, ... ..the Sin of Ignorance, ...
    (Ubuntu)