Re: Latest Adobe Flash plugin just installed

On 10/02/2011 12:06, Lucio M Nicolosi wrote:
On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 10:16 PM, MR ZenWiz<mrzenwiz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So, just for fun, I pulled down the 64-bit version from adobe.com, and
it doesn't work at all.

I like what I have - it works.

I've been using Adobe Flash 64 Beta and "Square" for a long time now
with no issues (10,3,162,29)

Just remove any trace of a previous Flash install, download "Square" from

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/6b3af6c9.html

Extract libflashplayer.so to home/$/.mozilla/plugins/

Restart Firefox and it's done.

Sounds like you are using Firefox directly from Mozilla and installing it in your home directory - which is what I used to do until 12 months ago. The installation of firefox which comes with Ubuntu, and 'maintained' by Canonical, does not use the /home/.mozilla/plugins/ - the symlink there is "dead"; the plugin for FF is in /usr/lib/firefox/plugins.

BC

--
Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer of money from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries.

  • Latest Adobe Flash plugin just installed
    ... (on YouTube, BBC, et al). ... The moral of this story is: do NOT install the new plugin. ... Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer of money from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: html changes not showing
    ... Tried to install firefox, can't seem to get to go. ... When I came back most of the images had loaded but not all. ... Also don't forget to run the design checker tool. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • Re: Firefox 4 reversed Open in a new window, and Open in a new tab
    ... If I was using Firefox 3 on my current computer, ... download and install Firefox 4 on top of it, ... For example, if I look for sqlite (a database type), I find the program ... The many .sqlite files are databases. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • IE is allowing virii/trojans/spyware etc. to install without help
    ... popups on the screen, and one looked like a normal ... window, as it didn't look quite right. ... Firefox desktop icon, ... the entire Firefox folder and install was gone. ...
  • Re: Getting close here folks! Looking good.
    ... On Wednesday 15 November 2006 20:27, Ric Moore wrote: ... bookmarks and stored passwords (for firefox) from my old FC2 ... install over so the current firefox can use them. ... It's probably safer to just copy your bookmarks and cookies folder ...
    (Fedora)