Re: Latest Adobe Flash plugin just installed

On 10/02/2011 12:06, Lucio M Nicolosi wrote:
On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 10:16 PM, MR ZenWiz<mrzenwiz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So, just for fun, I pulled down the 64-bit version from adobe.com, and
it doesn't work at all.

I like what I have - it works.

I've been using Adobe Flash 64 Beta and "Square" for a long time now
with no issues (10,3,162,29)

Just remove any trace of a previous Flash install, download "Square" from

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/6b3af6c9.html

Extract libflashplayer.so to home/$/.mozilla/plugins/

Restart Firefox and it's done.

Sounds like you are using Firefox directly from Mozilla and installing it in your home directory - which is what I used to do until 12 months ago. The installation of firefox which comes with Ubuntu, and 'maintained' by Canonical, does not use the /home/.mozilla/plugins/ - the symlink there is "dead"; the plugin for FF is in /usr/lib/firefox/plugins.

BC

--
Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer of money from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries.