Re: 10.04 troubleshoot system freeze

On Wed, 2011-02-16 at 23:37 -0500, Doug wrote:
On 02/16/2011 06:44 PM, Pongo A. Pan wrote:
On Wed, 2011-02-16 at 13:05 -0500, J wrote:
On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 12:00, scar<scar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Alan Pope @ 02/16/2011 09:28 AM:
On 16 February 2011 16:24, scar<scar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
please let me know what steps i can take. thanks so much

Run memtest from a live CD over night. Bad RAM accounts for quite a
few odd failures like this.
New != works

Another thought aside from bad hardware, since you mention this
happens after a number of days... what else has changed?

When you've run this in the past on older hardware, were you also
running an older version of Ubuntu or Zoneminder or any other
software?

heh... this is a rabbit hole :) but my money is on bad ram as was
suggested, or a memory leak in some program you're running.

Something we do here for every new computer *before* we trust it to do
anything vital:

http://www.stresslinux.org/sl/

A really nice collection of testing stuff on a livecd.