Re: 10.04 troubleshoot system freeze

On Thu, 2011-02-17 at 01:02 -0500, Doug wrote:

It's too bad--this looks like a very useful program, if it really can be
obtained.
I'm big on diagnostic routines, but I guess I'll have to pass on this one.

Huh, I just did this:
wayward4now@iam:~$ wget -c
http://www.stresslinux.org/sl/downloads/stresslinux_32bit_11.3.i686-0.6.105.iso.bz2
--2011-02-17 14:28:35--
http://www.stresslinux.org/sl/downloads/stresslinux_32bit_11.3.i686-0.6.105.iso.bz2
Resolving www.stresslinux.org... 83.141.20.131, 2a01:198:3d0::131:51
Connecting to www.stresslinux.org|83.141.20.131|:80... connected.
Length: 220923819 (211M) [application/x-bzip]
Saving to: `stresslinux_32bit_11.3.i686-0.6.105.iso.bz2'

0% [ ] 968,861 118K/s eta
35m 56s ^C
wayward4now@iam:~$

And ctrl-c'd it as it would have eaten up my Satellite daily usage, but
had I left it running, it sure looks like it would have been successful.
Maybe if you cleared your cache in the browser it would dnload it anew
instead of falling back on a cache'd lousy copy. But, wget -c (continue
from an interrupted transfer) has never failed me. Ric

Linux user# 44256

  • Re: rpm and wget -c
    ... Change and read the man page on F7 for wget and read it with care. ... Yum will work the same way if you do what you were told to. ... Karl, ... ..the Sin of Ignorance, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: FC5 strange Mozilla rendering slowness
    ... wget is fast, and mozilla is slow, I'd want to blame mozilla. ... Look at your resolv.conf's date and look for the backup. ... ...the Sin of Stupidity. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: funny (strange behavior)link
    ... which i can download by clicking on the link, but in my script using wget, ... HTTP request sent, awaiting response... ... Identify as agent-string to the HTTP server. ... option allows you to change the "User-Agent" line issued by Wget. ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: Sun Discontinuing Anonymous FTP Patch Access to Patches!
    ... >>Can someone explain how anonymous ftp patch accesses undermines the ... with what remains as wanted being fed to wget to fetch. ... HTTP request sent, awaiting response... ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: 10.04 troubleshoot system freeze
    ... I'm big on diagnostic routines, but I guess I'll have to pass on this one. ... Huh, I just did this: ... Maybe if you cleared your cache in the browser it would dnload it anew ... But, wget -c (continue ...
    (Ubuntu)