Re: problem writing iso image with dvdrecord

On 02/21/2011 10:17 PM, Nataraj wrote:
I have ubuntu 10.04.2 (all current updates applied) running on a MAC
mini with a plextor dvd writer and I am unable to write a dvd iso image
with dvdrecord. I am able to boot a vmware virtual machine running
fedora 14 (on top of that same ubuntu 10.04.2 mac mini) and connect the
dvd burner to the virtual machine and sucessfully write the same iso
image with dvdrecord on the same drive. I'm pretty sure this worked
under ubuntu a few months ago and suspect that something broke with one
of the updates. Any ideas?
Please file a bug report here:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dvdrtools/+bugs
see:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs

Note: latest changes for lucid were 69 weeks ago:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dvdrtools
so I wonder if the issue may be related to this:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/brasero/+bug/529696
[[SRU] brasero can't copy audio cd (useless error message)]

http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/dvdrtools/