Re: problem writing iso image with dvdrecord

On 02/21/2011 10:17 PM, Nataraj wrote:
I have ubuntu 10.04.2 (all current updates applied) running on a MAC
mini with a plextor dvd writer and I am unable to write a dvd iso image
with dvdrecord. I am able to boot a vmware virtual machine running
fedora 14 (on top of that same ubuntu 10.04.2 mac mini) and connect the
dvd burner to the virtual machine and sucessfully write the same iso
image with dvdrecord on the same drive. I'm pretty sure this worked
under ubuntu a few months ago and suspect that something broke with one
of the updates. Any ideas?
Please file a bug report here:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dvdrtools/+bugs
see:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs

Note: latest changes for lucid were 69 weeks ago:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dvdrtools
so I wonder if the issue may be related to this:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/brasero/+bug/529696
[[SRU] brasero can't copy audio cd (useless error message)]

http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/dvdrtools/

  • NEC 1300A DVD-R writing
    ... so I just bought a NEC 1300A, primarily, because it allows me to write DVD+ ... Using libscg version 'bero-0.5a' ... Starting to write CD/DVD at speed 1 in write mode for single session. ... dvdrecord: Input/output error. ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • dvdrecord GSA-4081B hp dvd+rw 4x
    ... I'm unable to burn DVD's with dvdrecord. ... I can't burn DVD in tao so I tried dao. ... Using generic SCSI-3/mmc DVD-Rdriver. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: dvdrecord
    ... > 1 and according to my Hardware browser my dvd writer is NEC DVD_RW ... > dvdrecord, what would be the command to write my files to the dvd? ... xcdroast would work with cdrecord-ProDVD ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: New CDRTOOLS (CDRECORD, MKISOFS (incl. UDF/DVD), CDDA2WAV, CDREAD)
    ... > dvdrecord is an illegal hack, ... > DVDwrite program is the OpenVMS program for DVD ... > I hope the Mplayer for OpenVMS will be out soon to get a complete DVD ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Help! Sony DRU-510a problems with dvdrecord
    ... dvd image into DVD+R blank disc on Sony DRU-510A DVD RW recorder. ... DVD+R disc but it failed with message - illegal write mode. ... dvdrecord: Warning: using inofficial libscg transport code version ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)