difference between packages for 32 bit and 64 bit

Hi,
I am having some confusion.For development work (with kernel
environment) I needed
following packages

bcc bin86 gawk bridge-utils iproute libcurl3 libcurl4-openssl-dev
bzip2 module-init-tools transfig tgif texinfo texlive-latex-base
texlive-latex-recommended texlive-fonts-extra
texlive-fonts-recommended pciutils-dev mercurial build-essential make
gcc libc6-dev zlib1g-dev python python-dev python-twisted
libncurses5-dev patch libvncserver-dev libsdl-dev libjpeg62-dev iasl
libbz2-dev e2fslibs-dev git-core uuid-dev ocaml libx11-dev bison flex

I until now was using them on a 32 bit system.Ubuntu 10.04.
Here I am switching the computer to 64 bit and want to build same
environment how ever my confusion is above packages are approximately
430 Mb and are present in /var/cache/apt/archives on my 32 bit
system.Can I transfer those to my 64 bit system and use or there is a
difference in packages for 32 bit and 64 bit and I should be using a
fresh install on the 64 bit system.
I am not clear with this part.

--
Thanks
Tapas

  • Re: difference between packages for 32 bit and 64 bit
    ... bcc bin86 gawk bridge-utils iproute libcurl3 libcurl4-openssl-dev ... environment how ever my confusion is above packages are approximately ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [RFC] Kernel version numbering scheme change
    ... cross-compilation environment. ... build completely OS-agnostic packages, ... The build environment in the chroot is the correct release. ... if your build environment mimmics so well the target except ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: another frustrating learner question, CLOS
    ... an interactive environment like the Lisp REPL. ... PERLLIB environment variables, leading to running an unexpected version ... etc...through apropos, describe, and the various other documentation ... existing Lisp packages, negating a lot of my work moot. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: [RFC] Kernel version numbering scheme change
    ... cross-compile> 12.000 source packages. ... It's easier as long as you have one build environment very close to the ... target, which tends not to be possible anymore as time passes or for too ... Problems range from auto-detection of kernel version to ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: another frustrating learner question, CLOS
    ... PERLLIB environment variables, ... etc...through apropos, describe, and the various other documentation ... the existing Lisp packages, negating a lot of my work moot. ... And then install it? ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)