2.6.32-30 kernel failed to install

Running 10.04-2 on a desktop and laptop.
Just updated my desktop using "apt-get dist-upgrade"and the 2.6.32-30
kernel installed without a problem. Tried the same with my laptop (Dell
Latitude D600) and even though the -30 kernel appeared in the list of
packages to be installed, It isn't shown in /boot or in the menu.lst
file. It also doesn't appear in synaptic. Rerunning apt-get update and
upgrade shows the system is up to date. Also (may not be germane) I'm
now getting the boot messages repeated before the GUI gets loaded.

Any troubleshooting suggestions/pointers appreciated.

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279

  • RE: Laptop Considerations
    ... I highly recommend the Latitude D600. ... Subject: Laptop Considerations ... plan on making it into a dual-boot machine with some flavor of linux. ... D600 has the ports I'd like. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Questions about some recently acquired older Laptops
    ... The Vaio's seems like that would be the only laptop that had that name, but I looked up Latitude CPi on Google and it came up with a lot of different notebooks that I'm pretty sure were different. ... The Latitude boots pretty well and though it's a pretty old install of Windows 98, with some software reinstalls and clean-up I was able to get it in a pretty comfortable and speedy state. ... My sister told me that this notebook was dropped. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Alcoholism, addictions, "habits", OCD?
    ... You obviously no nothing about corporate purchasing through Dell ... We use Latitude laptops and heavy duty ... Precision M4400. ... I'd like to get a laptop thats ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)
  • Re: Advise re: XPS M1330
    ... I'll start by saying that I have been absolutely thrilled with my Dell ... Latitude D800 laptop. ... Dimension 2400 and a Dimension 8300. ... I'm familiar with the XPS as a gaming laptop. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: C610
    ... If I install win98 from the desktop it runs on the laptop. ... My Latitude C610 does not boot when the DVD/ROM is plugged in the ... When I try to boot the Dell Latitude C610 from this HD, ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)