Ideas for securing OpenVPN on an OpenWrt router
- From: erikmccaskey64 <erikmccaskey64@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 07:34:22 -0800
ok, i putted an OpenVPN server on port 1194 on an OpenWrt 10.03 router.
Questions: what could i do to increase security regarding this OpenVPN server? - i mean on server side!
1 - i sed 's/1194/50000/' the port number to a higher one - it's against the automated robots, ok!
2 - iptables? i should only allow ip ranges [on the input chain] that i will use in reality? - ok!
3 - if i don't use my router - e.g.: when i'm sleeping i just turn it off.
4 - ? what else?? Plese write down you're idea/solution!!!
OpenWrt isn't OpenBSD, so from the "ps" command i can see that the OpenVPN is runned by root. it's not so secure. How can i make it more secure?
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: Scripts won't run at boot
- Next by Date: Re: chmod and chown recursion (sudo)
- Previous by thread: Scripts won't run at boot
- Next by thread: Ubuntu support in SW Missouri?