Re: Lubuntu

On 03/12/2011 06:48 PM, Joep L. Blom wrote:
I just discovered lubuntu and I like it quite a lot.
However it is only 32-bit (OK it is primarily meant for older hardware).
I couldn't find a specific mailing list for it so I ask the general ubuntu community if there are versions compiled for 64-bit systems.
Hopefully some persons here know more about it and also if there is a special forum for lubuntu.
It would be very helpful for me as I'm advising a group organizing software courses for the elderly and the design is based on lean hosts on which the courses are run in virtual machines. As the hardware is a mix of 32- and 64-bit machines I want to run it in both flavours.
Information is very much appreciated.
Joep

If this is meant for instruction, rather than, say, speed, why not just install the 32 bit system on the 64 bit machines?
--doug

  • Re: OT: my new PC rocks!!
    ... "hardware mix and match" for home users, where they could slot in any ... that with the PC's delibrately "loose" architecture then machines ... slowness of Windows software to cater for something that no-one seems ... The only advatange of Microsoft stuff; The installs tend to be less ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Need tutorials, guides... However...
    ... performance loss you'll get from an OS like Windows or Linux. ... machines out there have gone off in many different directions. ... expect to find certain hardware at certain addressess. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: [help] 1 cpu to rule them all
    ... >> configuration and maintenance in one place is a lot more economical than ... it isn't the price of the hardware that makes it ... > You can make things easier by having lots of machines that are virtually ... > directories) on servers. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Castles plans
    ... position it as different (from the Iyonix & other PC boxes). ... comment as meaning the manufacturer of Iyonix no longer makes hardware (in ... As Castle own their own RISC OS ... I've long advocated a range of RISC OS machines from a range of manufacturers. ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.misc)
  • Re: Re(2): Possible new virus?
    ... actually troubleshoot -in person- the machines. ... The technician that I was on ... the phone with described the symptoms, described that he had replaced the fan ... other than a hardware error. ...
    (Security-Basics)