Re: Lubuntu

On 03/12/2011 06:48 PM, Joep L. Blom wrote:
I just discovered lubuntu and I like it quite a lot.
However it is only 32-bit (OK it is primarily meant for older hardware).
I couldn't find a specific mailing list for it so I ask the general ubuntu community if there are versions compiled for 64-bit systems.
Hopefully some persons here know more about it and also if there is a special forum for lubuntu.
It would be very helpful for me as I'm advising a group organizing software courses for the elderly and the design is based on lean hosts on which the courses are run in virtual machines. As the hardware is a mix of 32- and 64-bit machines I want to run it in both flavours.
Information is very much appreciated.
Joep

If this is meant for instruction, rather than, say, speed, why not just install the 32 bit system on the 64 bit machines?
--doug