how to send mail using command line

I installed Postfix on my system now I want to be able to send mails
via command line in my LAN.
How is that possible I typed a command mail on terminal and got following

The program 'mail' can be found in the following packages:
* heirloom-mailx
* mailutils
Try: apt-get install <selected package>

what exactly should I be doing to be able to send mail via command line.
--
Regards
Abhi

  • Re: IPTABLES
    ... > I need to setup the firewall IPTABLES on CentOS. ... You set up the firewall using command line commands. ... > allow to acces FROM the LAN only to a computer with MAC ADRESS xxxxxx. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: simple LAN
    ... No. Kenneth on this list learned me about the command ip a which is ... not mentioned in O'Reilly's Nutshell or the SuSE manual. ... about how to find unknown IP addresses of computers in a LAN. ... if your internet router acts as a firewall for your ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] Inetd
    ... > If you need to copy files in a one off situation I would use scp. ... > To recursively copy a whole directory use the following command. ... > lan I would use the following command ... Yast2, it will be now a pain in the ass to install Apache. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Why is network reading slow?
    ... I am doing block I/O, and it is very fast on the local ... to and from the LAN are still fast. ... I am using the DOS command prompt's copy command. ... completely unrelated concepts: ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Why is network reading slow?
    ... To be fair, I am often copying files from optical media so my buffer works well in that environment. ... to and from the LAN are still fast. ... Block I/O is slow on the LAN, ... I am using the DOS command prompt's copy command. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)