Re: printing to pdf prob

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 8:30 PM, James <p3nndrag0n@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Guys

Up til yesterday if I printed to a pdf file I got the entire contents of what I
was printing. After yesterdays updates which told me cups-pdf was
deprecated and removed I think (reinstalled it via synaptic) I get only the
first page and nothing more. I've tried looking at the settings for the pdf
printer to no avail. This also happens with the print to file option. Any
ideas on how to correct this? btw, Ubuntu 10.04 and was trying to print a
web page.

James

Perhaps this can help:

http://www.qc4blog.com/?p=917

L.

--
Lucio M. Nicolosi, Eng.
Open Source Platform Implementation

  • cups-pdf PostProcessing script fails
    ... I am trying to move from Linux Mint with the Mate desktop on my Asus X501A Laptop to the latest Ubuntu 13.04, being a non trusting soul I installed it on an external USB hard disk, everything went fine and it ran my essential software "RootsMagic", as I do a lot of genealogy research, and have invested a lot of time with that software, another given for me is the ability to print to PDF file with /full save as dialogue box/, this was accomplished on Linux Mint using the following method. ... This has worked with no problems in Linux Mint however I can not get it to work in Ubuntu ... There is nothing wrong with cups-pdf as the printed file is there in /home/john/PDF ... Any one any idea how I can either get this working or is there any other PDF printer out there that would give me a print to PDF file with a full save as dialogue box ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • printing to pdf prob
    ... Up til yesterday if I printed to a pdf file I got the entire contents of what I ... After yesterdays updates which told me cups-pdf was ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: printing to pdf prob
    ... Up til yesterday if I printed to a pdf file I got the entire contents of ... $ sudo /etc/init.d/cups restart ... $ sudo service cups restart ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: printing to pdf prob
    ... Up til yesterday if I printed to a pdf file I got the entire ... printing from Firefox, Evince, Chromium, what? ... ..the Sin of Ignorance, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: printing to pdf prob
    ... Up til yesterday if I printed to a pdf file I got the entire ... print file and choose selection. ... Just a pain to remember to do that when I ...
    (Ubuntu)