Re: printing to pdf prob

Hi Ric

On Mon, 2011-04-11 at 09:34 +1000, James wrote:
Hi NoOp

On 04/07/2011 08:10 PM, James wrote:
Hi NoOp

On 04/07/2011 04:30 PM, James wrote:
Hi Guys

Up til yesterday if I printed to a pdf file I got the entire

contents

of what I was printing. After yesterdays updates which
told me

cups-

pdf was

deprecated and removed I think (reinstalled it via
synaptic) I

get

only

the first page and nothing more. I've tried looking at the

settings

for

the pdf printer to no avail. This also happens with the
print to

file

option. Any ideas on how to correct this? btw, Ubuntu
10.04

and

was

trying to print a web page.

James

Forgot to ask; what was updated yesterday?

Look in:
/var/log/apt/history.log

Ok, it shows

Start-Date: 2011-04-07 09:55:30
Upgrade: libpostproc-extra-51 (0.5.1-1ubuntu1,

0.5.1-1ubuntu1.1),

x11-xserver-utils (7.5+1ubuntu2, 7.5+1ubuntu2.1),
libavcodec-
extra-52 (0.5.1-1ubuntu1, 0.5.1-1ubuntu1.1), libavutil-
extra-49
(0.5.1-1ubuntu1, 0.5.1-1ubuntu1.1), skype
(2.1.0.81-1ubuntu5,
2.2.0.25-1lucid1), libavformat-extra-52 (0.5.1-1ubuntu1,
0.5.1-1ubuntu1.1), ffmpeg (0.5.1-1ubuntu1,
0.5.1-1ubuntu1.1),
libswscale-extra-0 (0.5.1-1ubuntu1, 0.5.1-1ubuntu1.1),
libavfilter0
(0.5.1-1ubuntu1, 0.5.1-1ubuntu1.1), libnss3-1d
(3.12.8-0ubuntu0.10.04.1,
3.12.9+ckbi-1.82-0ubuntu0.10.04.1),
libavdevice52 (0.5.1-1ubuntu1, 0.5.1-1ubuntu1.1)
End-Date: 2011-04-07 09:56:08

James

Nothing in there that I see would affect cups/pdf. All for the
updates
are related to ffmpeg (security) with the exception of
x11-xserver-utils, libnss3, & skype.

Perhaps you had updates previous that caused the problem but

didn't

notice? Again, what *exactly* is the application that you are
doing

the

pdf printing from? And do you have any issues printing from
other
applications as well? You mention that it was a web page; were
you
printing from Firefox, Evince, Chromium, what? Have you tried
with

other

browsers to see if they do the same?

It seems the prob relates to one "print.css" file that I cannot for
the
life of me find. Anyone have an idea where to look to find this file
re
firefox and or chromium. Been googling and can see what is said
needs
changing but no mention of where to find the file

/usr/share/phpmyadmin/print.css ?? Ric

I suspect my prob is related to the one mentioned at the following link

http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113600

But as mentioned I can't find the "print.css" file that affects the
printing on my system

I have however managed a tempory workaround which is a bit of a
pain, i.e. to manually highlight the entire webpage and then go go into
print file and choose selection. Haven;t tried with direct print to pdf but
suspect it works there too. Just a pain to remember to do that when I
need for now

James

  • Re: All hail the Chinese government and the Northern Irish!!!!
    ... > Take care and God Bless, ... I did mean to buy a couple of books but google no longer lets me look ... Is there no answer to the pain? ... You can view the pdf file either by going to a cleanedwww.ichthus-wales.co.ukand clicking the pdf link orwww.ichthus-wales.co.uk/Books.pdf. ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • Re: printing to pdf prob
    ... Up til yesterday if I printed to a pdf file I got the entire contents of ... $ sudo /etc/init.d/cups restart ... $ sudo service cups restart ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: printing to pdf prob
    ... Up til yesterday if I printed to a pdf file I got the entire ... printing from Firefox, Evince, Chromium, what? ... ..the Sin of Ignorance, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: printing to pdf prob
    ... Up til yesterday if I printed to a pdf file I got the entire contents of what I ... After yesterdays updates which told me cups-pdf was ... GNU/Linux - Ubuntu ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: printing to pdf prob
    ... Up til yesterday if I printed to a pdf file I got the entire ... printing from Firefox, Evince, Chromium, what? ... Anyone have an idea where to look to find this file re firefox ...
    (Ubuntu)