ubuntu 11.04 beta 3 - laptop not able to run Unity

Good day,

If not the correct list for this please advise.

After ubuntu 11.04 beta 3 was updated by 588 packages I rebooted it.

While booting there comes a popup informing that the hardware can not run "unity" must select classic at login.

Well there is no way I know of to reach that button "close".
It seems the system is frozen.

Suggest there is a flaw in the programming.

It should have an
automatic fall back to chose classic and just inform of the problem.

That said, is there a way that I can fix this please with out reinstall.

Thanks
Johan

  • Re: Is 9.10 a black eye for Ubuntu?
    ... Am I mad at the Ubuntu development team? ... I was a Beta Tester for MS I worked with some lousy software. ... It's not the final release version that Canonical claims ... I was gonna reply to this but I see that Karl got to it before I. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • RE: 8.04 with Vista Home Premium
    ... once done you are free to delete all partitions and create your own custom partition sizes for windows and ubuntu. ... Re: Alpha, beta, ... 8.04 with Vista Home Premium ... Ultimately I canceled the installation, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Is 9.10 a black eye for Ubuntu?
    ... Karmic but none of them belong to the Ubuntu Team. ... When I was a Beta ... It's not the final release version that Canonical claims it to be. ... Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: about new release which will be on 10th Oct
    ... Maverick is a release candidate. ... how they didn't release it as Maverick beta 3, ... Because you, apparently, are the end-all be-all of Ubuntu ... moral manner; unlike the immoral and unethical manner you are going ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Cricinfo live scorecard in Firefox
    ... running the latest nightly build of 3.6.3 pre-release Namoroka FF on ... are the ony things I have issues with on the beta of Ubuntu 10.4). ... Systems Theory project website: http://systemstheory.net ...
    (rec.sport.cricket)