Re: user not in sudoers

On 04/13/2011 04:23 PM, Todd Edwards wrote:
Edit the file /etc/sudoers and add yourself there. Although deemed a
security risk by the Ubuntu community you can also change the root
password and become root as you can when using Fedora, CentOS, etc...
Just add yourself to the sudoers file above and do sudo passwd to change
root's password. Sudo has some pretty strict file permissions so you'll
need to chmod it to something you can edit like 700 and then chmod it
back to I believe 440 (if you get this step wrong it will tell you what
the permissions need to be when you try to use sudo).

-- Todd Edwards