Re: Installing 3 distro's on same drive.

On 04/19/2011 04:56 PM, Johan Scheepers wrote:
On 19/04/2011 22:39, Doug wrote:
/snip/
You can only have four primary partitions, but quite
a few extended on one primary. sda5 and so on are on the 2nd primary.
(Windows likes a primary--I don't know how it would take to an
extended. It also likes to be first.)

[doug@localhost ~]$ df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on OS
/dev/sda5 12G 3.9G 7.4G 35% / pclos
/dev/sda7 11G 574M 10G 6% /home pclos
/dev/sda9 33G 176M 32G 1% /media/disk Debian
/dev/sda8 28G 5.5G 21G 21% /media/disk-1 Debian
/dev/sda13 46G 3.1G 41G 8% /media/disk-2 MINT
/dev/sda11 33G 2.8G 29G 9% /media/disk-3 Ubuntu
/dev/sda10 20G 4.6G 15G 25% /media/disk-4 XP
/dev/sda1 31G 20G 11G 64% /media/disk-5 Ubuntu

--doug

Thanks Doug,
Windows xp drive is not in my laptop but in my desk drawer.
I am looking at the responses so far.
Will decide what to do in a few days.
Regards
Johan S

As you may have noticed, I mislabeled the last 2--sda1is XP, sda10 is Ubuntu. Sorry.

--doug

  • Re: Has anyone tried SLED 10, RC3 ?
    ... YaST proposed to format one of the 10.1 partitions, and one of the PCLOS partitions. ... It did show two of the existing Windows with the same mount-point letters,, that Windows shows in Disk Management, but had E: and F: reversed. ... The GRUB bootloader found MEPIS and Windows OK, but not PCLOS, since I had been using the MEPIS GRUB in the MBR, with my own addition of PCLOS to the MEPIS menu.lst. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: A Linux for the totally maintenance free
    ... windows 7, it was plagued by viruses that rendered it unusable. ... So, since she is not technically savvy, I was thinking of finding a linux ... PCLOS, so I can't say for certain what a new user from Windows would ... Will be installing it on the lady's computer as soon as ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: A Linux for the totally maintenance free
    ... windows 7, it was plagued by viruses that rendered it unusable. ... So, since she is not technically savvy, I was thinking of finding a linux ... PCLOS, so I can't say for certain what a new user from Windows would ... to be a seamless experience for the LInux novice. ...
    (Fedora)