Re: Grub not working

Sorry, missed off the link to the Grub 2 manual

http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html

Toony

Tony,

I looked at the manual, but it raises more questions than it answers.
For example:

4.1.2 Chain-loading an OS

Operating systems that do not support Multiboot and do not have specific
support in GRUB (specific support is available for Linux, FreeBSD,
NetBSD and OpenBSD) must be chain-loaded, which involves loading another
boot loader and jumping to it in real mode.

The chainloader command (see chainloader) is used to set this up. It is
normally also necessary to load some GRUB modules and set the
appropriate root device. Putting this together, we get something like
this, for a Windows system on the first partition of the first hard
disk:

menuentry "Windows" {
insmod chain
insmod ntfs
set root=(hd0,1)
chainloader +1
}

First, this is Windows ME, which is fat32, not ntfs. Does that change
anything? I think the set line is ok (Windows ME is on dev/sda1 - the
first partition).

The next question is where does this command actually go? The syntax is
similar to what I have always used in Grub 1 menu.lst.

Dave,
--
dave boland
dboland9@xxxxxxxxxxx

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Same, same, but different...

  • Eeye Still has critical vulnerability asscociated with NT
    ... includes current Windows 2000 and XP products as well as older NT products. ... later versions of 9x operating systems according to Brian Livingston's ... I may end up having to purchase Microsoft Virtual ... Machine to be able to run older operating systems in order to support my ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Two Different Operating Systems
    ... > We only support mixed mode operating system enviornments during a rolling ... > 811272 How to Perform a Rolling Upgrade of Windows Server 2003 Server ... > 828262 How to locate qualified cluster solutions for Windows ... >> Subject: Two Different Operating Systems ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.clustering)
  • RE: Two Different Operating Systems
    ... We only support mixed mode operating system enviornments during a rolling ... 811272 How to Perform a Rolling Upgrade of Windows Server 2003 Server ... 828262 How to locate qualified cluster solutions for Windows ... > Is it possible to run two different windows operating systems on a cluster ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.clustering)
  • Re: xp is the gossip true?
    ... All I hear is how bad vista is - plus major cash amounts in upgrading ... Windows XP support *will end* - like all Operating Systems before it. ...