Re: Hibernation and 'Clearing orphaned inode' on resume

On 05/09/2011 03:17 AM, Colin Law wrote:
I have recently started using hibernation and on the latest resume I
had a number of messages 'Clearing orphan inode' on my home partition.
Is this normal on hibernation resume? I have not had any problems
with the disk.

Colin

These might be of interest:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/os-prober/+bug/683355
[os-prober fails to find OSes on uncleanly-unmounted filesystems]
and after reading that one:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eglibc/+bug/672177

  • Re: Hibernation and Clearing orphaned inode on resume
    ... had a number of messages 'Clearing orphan inode' on my home partition. ...  Is this normal on hibernation resume? ... with the disk. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Hibernation and Clearing orphaned inode on resume
    ... I have recently started using hibernation and on the latest resume I ... had a number of messages 'Clearing orphan inode' on my home partition. ... with the disk. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • read disk error when recovering from hibernation
    ... I get a "read disk error" when resuming from hibernation. ... Seems to me this problem is linked to hibernation somehow. ... johnn wrote: ... Nietzsche ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: read disk error when recovering from hibernation
    ... I get a "read disk error" when resuming from hibernation. ... Seems to me this problem is linked to hibernation somehow. ... : johnn wrote: ... : - Nietzsche ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: suspend to disk unreliable?
    ... choices to test hibernation in a safe environment. ... There's nothing save about turning off and on the hardware many times ... then it won't be possible to test suspend to disk. ... manufacturer has not provided you with any driver for that hardware. ...
    (Debian-User)