Re: Passwords?

On 10 May 2011 03:16, Barbara Tobias <barbtobias09@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You probably set your user account to login automatically without
asking for a password. In this case every single process loaded after
login,  if needed, will ask for you permission.

At Users and Groups / User Settings change "Password:" to  "Asked on
Login". Then system will ask for your password just once, at the login
screen.

L.

--
Lucio M. Nicolosi, Eng.

       I checked and Users and Groups/User Settings is already set to
       "Asked on Login."               Barbara

Can you describe exactly what happens as you logon.  What does the
screen look like?  When it asks for the password again what does it
say?

Colin

       When I start the computer, I get a screen that says:  "Enter
       password for keyring 'default' to unlock.  An application wants
       access to the keyring 'default' but it is locked."

       Under "Details" the "Lock this keyring when I log out" option is
       checked.

       After I enter the password, I get the exact same screen twice
       more.  After I enter the password the third time, everything
       works fine.

I think the problem is that you have entered a password for your
keyring, which is not normally necessary. I think this may help:
http://davestechsupport.com/blog/2009/01/16/how-to-remove-ubuntus-password-keyring/

Colin

  • Re: How to display the "Access Denied" page directly without the a
    ... authentication on whatever the link is pointing to. ... say "it is Shareponit's default behavior to pop up that login box ... whenever user tries to access the sharepoint page to which he/she does ... not the permission", I am referring to the Sharepoint access ...
  • I was the owner of the access database. and now the owner is unkow
    ... that I don't have the necessary permission. ... Every once and while the login ... Microsoft Access MVP ... cut Access opens and I immediately get the message that I dont have ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: Allowing Anonymous write access only.
    ... need at least READ permission for login. ... > been set up so that anonymous FTP users have write access only, this> may seem insecure and we do get a certain ammount of hackers or> taggers testing the system by dropping test files and folders onto the> server, but because anonymous users do not have read access they soon> find that they cannot download anything they upload and go elsewhere. ... This is where my problems have started,> I initialy replicated all the IIS setting and NTFS permission from my> NT box on my 2003 box but so far have been unable to achive the same> result, it appaers that I can only grant anonymous write access if I ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.ftp)
  • Re: Windows authentication still prompts for database login
    ... would expect the reported type to be "user" and the permission path to be 'MyDomain\WindowsGroupName' if the user account was specified. ... Did you perhaps specify the group account name instead of the user account name as the first xp_logininfo parameter? ... login name SID DefDBName DefLangName Auser ARemote ... -- this line reports "Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user 'crestlinecoach\domain users'" ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • login/security issue
    ... what permission is required. ... My domain login is a member of the Domain ... customised banner with a picture on it, ... I have granted the "External Sharepoint Users" group explicit read access ...