Re: [OT] help me with virtualbox

On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 17:49 +0200, Luca Ferrari wrote:
Hi all,
I'd like to setup a virtual box guest (ubuntu linux) hosted into another
ubuntu linux so that the guest system has a fixed ip address and the host can
reach it using a pseudointerface, but with the guest able also to use the host
to route to other networks. I've set up the virtual machine so that networking
is host-only-adapter, and setting up properly ip I can communicate from the
host to the guest using the same ip address.
Then I enabled forwarding on the host system, but I cannot get out from the
guest:

iptables -F
iptables -t nat -F
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -s 192.168.200.203 -j MASQUERADE

(here 192.168.200.203 is the guest ip address).

Anybody can give me a clue?

You should use NAT networking ! That will give you all you want and you
do not have to setup any other settings. It's automagicall :)

Joao

Thanks,
Luca