Re: [OT] help me with virtualbox

On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 17:49 +0200, Luca Ferrari wrote:
Hi all,
I'd like to setup a virtual box guest (ubuntu linux) hosted into another
ubuntu linux so that the guest system has a fixed ip address and the host can
reach it using a pseudointerface, but with the guest able also to use the host
to route to other networks. I've set up the virtual machine so that networking
is host-only-adapter, and setting up properly ip I can communicate from the
host to the guest using the same ip address.
Then I enabled forwarding on the host system, but I cannot get out from the
guest:

iptables -F
iptables -t nat -F
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -s 192.168.200.203 -j MASQUERADE

(here 192.168.200.203 is the guest ip address).

Anybody can give me a clue?

You should use NAT networking ! That will give you all you want and you
do not have to setup any other settings. It's automagicall :)

Joao

Thanks,
Luca

  • Re: Why using Virtualization is making system hangs?
    ... Which Ubuntu version do you use? ... How much memory do you give to the guest system? ... Is there a lot of activity in the guest system when the host hangs? ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [uml-user] Harddisk Shutdown while UML Guest Shutdown
    ... But my host kernel is a 2.6.7 with the skas patch. ... freezes after exit of the guest kernel. ... I can login and work with the guest system. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • RE: Resizing virtual machine harddrive in RHEL 5
    ... configuration file for this host: ... I think you would need to build your guest system with the partition ... I'm running a virtual machine using RHEL 5 virtualization. ...
    (RedHat)
  • [OT] help me with virtualbox
    ... I'd like to setup a virtual box guest (ubuntu linux) hosted into another ... ubuntu linux so that the guest system has a fixed ip address and the host can ... but with the guest able also to use the host ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: What happened, SINNER ?
    ... I ran it in a Windows XP VM Guest that was running on an Ubuntu Linux ... host. ... It looks more like a telnet front-end and I use front-end VERY ...
    (news.software.readers)