Re: Ubuntu can't see usb drive

On 06/04/2011 01:23 PM, Ioannis Vranos wrote:
On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 7:49 PM, Douglas Pollard<dougpol1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All, In the process of updates, grades, and the installation of a new
DVD burner. My Ubuntu 11.04 can't see my 2 gig usb drive im not sure when
this happened. I guess there must be a permission problem but I don't know
what to do about it. I ran into this a couple years ago and got help here
but I can't remember what I did about it. Anybody got a good link handy for
help? I'll be Googleing for help. Doug

When you say "can't see", do you mean it doesn't mount it at all?

Been thinking about this, I had changed the boot order in the Bios to try to boot from a thumb drive. Didn't get it to work so I put the bios back to original. The Hard 2 gig drive does not show up in computer folder at all. I have a couple other usb drives and they show up. They open as empty. Not sure but I think there are files on them. The big drive must not be mounted. As it does not show up any place except in the bios. Doug

  • Re: Booting problem
    ... BIOS is booting, I select which hard drive to use. ... With only the Ubuntu hard drive plugged in, ... However, with both hard drives plugged in, Ubuntu starts booting and ... SATA hard drives the BIOS goes nuts. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: more than one distro
    ... SATA drives. ... Ubuntu Hardy puts the IDE as /dev/sda and the SATA ... If they are booted according to the bios ... Because the order of the drives are ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Question for Linux users
    ... Get a separate hard drive and install 8.04 Ubuntu from the Live CD ... Linux abstracts the connection so that once it is configured, ... drives so you can simply put your windows drive on a USB adapter and ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: installing 8.04 on sata drives prob
    ... I'm having probs installing ubuntu on a friends pc. ... Do I need to set specific parameters for the sata drives in BIOS ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • RE: Bind ubuntu to hard drive.
    ... We have switched our mail and web gateway from Windows Server to Ubuntu ... The previous server had a mirrored raid pair of SATA drives. ... box and the other one is actually two hard drives on removable 5,25" bays ... fireproof safe. ...
    (Ubuntu)