RE: Ubuntu can't see usb drive
- From: "compdoc" <compdoc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 12:00:51 -0600
If you change drive order in the bios, then linux can label the drives
differently. /dev/sda becomes /dev/sdb, etc.
That's why newer versions Ubuntu uses the drive's UUID in /ect/fstab instead
of device names. And you can do that too - just google UUID and look at your
own /etc/fstab and other examples on the web.
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: Ubuntu can't see usb drive
- Next by Date: Re: Crontab failures
- Previous by thread: Re: Ubuntu can't see usb drive
- Next by thread: Re: Ubuntu can't see usb drive