Re: Ubuntu can't see usb drive

On 06/06/2011 05:50 PM, Nils Kassube wrote:
sudo mount /dev/sdc1 /mnt

douglasdoug@ubuntuDoug:~$ sudo mount /dev/sdc1 /mnt
[sudo] password for douglasdoug:
Sorry, try again.
[sudo] password for douglasdoug:
mount: you must specify the filesystem type
douglasdoug@ubuntuDoug:~$ sudo mount /dev/sdc1 /mnt
mount: you must specify the filesystem type
This is the response I am getting. Disk utility says this drive partition is W95 fat 32( lba) (0x0) below that in Partition Flags It says its Bootable. That shouldn't be should it?? Souldn't it be a media drive? Doug

ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

Relevant Pages

  • Re: FC6 and floppy mounting
    ... in FC6 ... mount: you didn't specify a filesystem type for ...
  • Re: Recursive chmod/chown OOM kills box with 32MB RAM
    ... >> mount: you must specify the filesystem type> ... > what happens if you actually specify the fs type? ... To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx More majordomo info at Please read the FAQ at ...
  • Re: mount options
    ... mount: unknown filesystem type '0x83' ... You don't need to specify anything else. ... to specify the filesystem type, ... Don't touch anything, but take a screenshot. ...
  • Re: [SLE] cd rom mount error
    ... > mount: you must specify the filesystem type ... Please read the FAQs: ...
  • Re: mount LVM?
    ... When I "man mount" I don't see an LVM option. ... specify the filesystem type. ...