Re: Askubuntu, was : Re: Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal release review from other users‏

On 8 June 2011 18:12, Alan Pope <alan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Liam,

On 8 Jun 2011, at 17:46, Liam Proven <lproven@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Do not confuse "I was not misled" with "this is not misleading". The 2
are *not* equivalent.

I don't believe I did, but point taken.

I strongly agree with Steve Flynn's assessment; I too think it's very
misleading indeed, from name to URL to appearance.

The site doesn't seek to mislead at all. If it does though I would be
interested to know in what way. (taking account of my previous mail)

Al.

If I have to explain, you are missing some really *very* obvious stuff here.

So, consider:
Someone starts a site:

www.askalanpope.co.uk

It has your face as the main image and says that it is *the* place to
go for all your Alan-Pope-related queries. Its logo is your signature
and it uses your handwriting in its design.

Who would you tend to guess ran it?

Email: lproven@xxxxxxxxx • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven@xxxxxxxxx
AIM/Yahoo/Skype: liamproven • MSN: lproven@xxxxxxxxxxx • ICQ: 73187508

  • =?UTF-8?Q?Re=3A_Ubuntu_11=2E04_Natty_Narwhal_release_review_from_o?= =?UTF-8?Q?ther_users=E2
    ... It was setup after lots of discussion between ... stackexchange people and Canonical people. ... Nothing misleading about it at all. ... from name to URL to appearance. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Appearance of design
    ... to a CLAIM of visual existence (appearance of design). ... misleading: "she read it with every appearance of interest". ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: UML notation
    ... this is misleading: that would mean an abstract Group had the ... shouldn't be present in the design at all! ... containment implies. ...
    (comp.object)
  • Re: Commentary: Intelligent design fails 2 key tests
    ... which is technically true but misleading. ... "It is not too much to say that every indication of Design in the Kosmos is so ... much evidence against the Omnipotence of the Designer. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Multiple single-sample t-tests
    ... I must admit that this title might be a bit misleading. ... If it was a "repeated measures design", ... in terms of hypothesis testing. ... multiple single-sample t-tests. ...
    (sci.stat.consult)