Re: SNIP THE QUOTED TEXT PLEASE!

On Sun, 2011-06-12 at 21:03 -0400, Douglas S. Saylor wrote:

DID I JUST SCROLL DOWN (yes, I am yelling) FOR SOMEONE TO SAY "well
put" (too lazy to capitalize too I also notice). I really, REALLY was
on-board with the top-posting issue. Now ...it really DOES seem
ridiculous. Long pages of quotes ...I skip to the bottom, THEN scroll up
if needed. Waste of time, as is reading this list if people can't trim
quoted text. Going back to deleting most stuff posted & perhaps
everything unless I got a question to post. I'm just saying! I'm only
going to tolerate bottom-posting if people put some work into this &
TRIM THE DAMN QUOTES! I *JUST* read that quoted text for Christ's sake!

Nearly pissed me pants on this rant, mate. Ta - ya made me mornin! ;)

--
yankdownunder
reg'd linux user #267497

  • Re: SNIP THE QUOTED TEXT PLEASE!
    ... Long pages of quotes ...I skip to the bottom, THEN scroll up ... going to tolerate bottom-posting if people put some work into this & ... TRIM THE DAMN QUOTES! ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: TopPosting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ... mailing list etiquette that specifically asks to bottom post, quote, ... and trim the quotes. ... Even better is when someone decides to hit reply to a previous mail to ... By top-posting they don't have to trim out crap. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: will the alerts displaying correctly?
    ... causing PHP to generate the wrong header value) ... or your browser is broken. ... Next time you do not trim your quotes as recommended, ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: Canterbury Arcb. RESIGNATION!!!!??
    ... a king or stuff-up a royal marriage, ... holding onto their own job:o) ... Please trim your quotes in the future. ...
    (alt.talk.royalty)
  • Re: ping *.*
    ... Costing the net hundreds if not thousands of dollars, Fevric J Glandules ... And remember to trim down the quotes to what's needed. ...
    (uk.misc)