Re: Brief thoughts on Unity

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 12:03 AM, Alan Pope <alan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 12 June 2011 17:54, MR ZenWiz <mrzenwiz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That's my $0.02.  No need to argue anything - others will agree or
not, and that's fine.

.. and yet human nature means people will argue or agree with you.

So I see. <sigh>

Please, this is a support list for people to post technical questions,
not a personal blog. Please refrain from posting these kinds of mails
to this list. Whilst it may be cathartic for you to vent on this (or
any other subject) it's off-topic and inevitably leads to car crash
threads.

It can, but (yes, I know...) some people posted some useful links that
I fully intend to follow and investigate. If I can find a way to use
Unity that works for me, I'll be less disinclined to do so.

However, I agree that my original post wasn't as helpful or
inquisitive in a useful way as it might have been. Thanks for
pointing this out - yes, I've been on this and others lists long
enough to know "better," but we all slip once or twice in a while.

  • Re: Top 10 cities with the most beautiful women
    ... I had a feeling that your lists would be returning once your self- ... You managed to refrain for a few weeks though, ... Lendl is GOAT" list. ...
    (rec.sport.tennis)
  • Re: my eyes are sore
    ... Perhaps you should refrain from meticulously compiling bullshit spam e- ... mail lists?? ...
    (sci.med.vision)
  • Re: something fails with svn
    ... If you don't have anything constructive to say, please refrain from ... responding to any message on these lists. ... The purpose of these lists is ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: something fails with svn
    ... If you don't have anything constructive to say, please refrain from ... responding to any message on these lists. ... The purpose of these lists is ...
    (freebsd-stable)