10.04: USB external disk (jfs) not mounted with the correct user.

Hello

I admit that I have only experience with Kubuntu, but I had
to use a PC with Ubuntu 10.04 installed.

The following wired thing happened.

The system has a standard account, called student, and an
activated root account. I was allowed to open a new account,
called wizard.

Now when I entered as user student, I inserted the USB
external disk with JFS format and it was mounted correctly
with the correct user and group permission. I unmounted the disk.

When I entered as the new wizard, the disk was mounted as user
*student*!

I then gave the new account root privileges and unmounted
and inserted the disk again and it was mounted as *root*

Such a thing never happened to me on Kubuntu from dapper to
lucid.

Can somebody help me on this issue? I even don't know where
to start looking because /etc/fstab does not have any
reference to the USB disk

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

  • 10.04: USB external disk (jfs) not mounted with the correct user.
    ... I admit that I have only experience with Kubuntu, ... to use a PC with Ubuntu 10.04 installed. ... activated root account. ... I unmounted the disk. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • 10.04: USB external disk (jfs) not mounted with the correct user.
    ... I admit that I have only experience with Kubuntu, ... to use a PC with Ubuntu 10.04 installed. ... activated root account. ... I unmounted the disk. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 56, Issue 402
    ... Play With Ubuntu, Now Mac Won't Boot! ... openoffice3..deb and install it). ... thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk. ... Play With Ubuntu, Now Mac Won't Boot! ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: find out whether a disk has used at all
    ... >> documentation previous admins kept on the box that outlines what each ... >> disk used along with filesystems associated with it. ... Is there some account naming policy that works for all systems in the ... How guessable are user passwords? ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Help! Major Memory Installation Issue
    ... I've used that Ubuntu disk in LiveCD mode and made some major headway ... I still haven't seen hide nor hair of my E: drive, the remaining partition ... I'm using the Ubuntu disk to do as much as I can before I mess with Windows. ... It turns out, the mount command accepts an offset, so you ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)