Re: Problem with Ubuntu Natty

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Javier Revilla
<javier.revilla@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Today in the morning my Linux system was perfectly stable. I was using
the Ubuntu 10.04 LTS version. Then, I received a message inviting me to
upgrade to Ubuntu Natty.

I committed the error to accept. And now I am stuck with an unusable
machine. I have no access to the graphic mode. So, I have to work in
text mode. I have tried re-installing the N-vidia drivers but the
problem remains.

I am really furious at Ubuntu. I trusted them and now I am stuck with a
useless system. They should not deliver crappy software !

Your anger and blame are misdirected. Unless you've hit some BIG bug,
there's no way that 10.04 would prompt you to upgrade to 11.04 because
(1) there's no direct upgrade path through update-manager (GUI or CLI)
to skip a release and (2) an LTS release won't prompt you to upgrade
to a non-LTS release by default (you'd have to change the
update-manager settings). I suspect that you've forgotten that you'd
upgraded to 10.10 at some point!

You haven't provided enough info for anyone to be of real help...

  • ... Upgrading to Ubuntu 10.4 LTS RC ... I have been trying to upgrade to Ubuntu 10.4 LTS with mixed success. ... I guess there is something missing in the configuration. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [11.04]-Turn Off Unity & Use Classic Gnome?
    ... "Ubuntu Gnome 3 Remix" is the officially-sanctioned style, ... Ubuntu and insserv on Debian, it's become more of a PitA. ... There's just the advice to use the Ubuntu upgrade applications and not ... on actual hardware - a majority in VMs and a majority X-less installs ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Jaunty still in Beta?
    ... unstable as beta and alpha RCs, so they can't be used as examples in the ... Debian lists and forums, I believe I can say lots and lots, because that's ... they loose network after a new kernel and/or udev upgrade I think. ... Coming back to Ubuntu though, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: google-chrome causes failure in package updates
    ... "An upgrade 12.04 is available" then it lists some of the packages installed ... "Install Updates"? ... deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ oneiric main restricted ... ## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the Ubuntu ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: New instalation, old distribution, antique machine
    ... We've tried everything we know to do to upgrade Ubuntu (Ubuntu 6.06 LTS ... Full permissions for owner, none for group, none for other. ...
    (Ubuntu)