From: ANDY <sirald66@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
<ubuntu-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2011 1:34 AM
Subject: Firefox Alternative

Now that Mozilla Firefox has abandoned supporting their latest version more
than a few months, what default alternative will Ubuntu use?

My understanding is that Chrome is doing the same (although not being so
obviously arrogant about it), and that we will never see an Internet
Explorer port.

ANDY - Salt Lake, UT US

  • [Full-disclosure] DoS vulnerabilities in Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Opera
    ... I want to warn you about Denial of Service vulnerabilities in Firefox, ... Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Opera and DoS attacks on email ... clients via protocol handlers. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • DoS vulnerabilities in Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Opera
    ... I want to warn you about Denial of Service vulnerabilities in Firefox, ... Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Opera and DoS attacks on email ... clients via protocol handlers. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Photos from Paris
    ... I use only Firefox now under linux. ... I loved Opera ... As someone who designs the occasional website I have to be able to test my creations on a variety of browsers, so I usually have installed at the very least Firefox, IE, Chrome, Safari and Opera. ...
    (uk.local.cumbria)
  • Re: Whats the correct behaviour ?
    ... I ask because both Opera and IE8 kill it, while Safari, Chrome ... My tests show the same result, except Firefox: ... refer to the old uncleared window-object. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: Straw poll: What browser do you use?
    ... I tried chrome once, and really wasn't impressed with it. ... Firefox 3.6.8 normally. ... On memory leaks and stuff, they all seem to, especially if you use flash ... subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)