Re: Firefox Alternative

Gilles Gravier wrote:
Avi,
Opera is a decent browser. Although, I don't know if it has the same
problem that Chrome and Firefox have.

Nah, Opera's problem is a different one - it's non-free.

That's not necessarily a problem, is it? If it does what you want at the
price you want to pay for it. I drive a car. Most of the software on board
isn't open source / free... I'm still happy with that car. :)

Oh, it's not a problem per se, it's just a reason it's not going to replace Firefox or Chrome as the default browser in Ubuntu, or even ship with the default install.

--
Avi

  • Re: Firefox Alternative
    ... problem that Chrome and Firefox have. ... Opera's problem is a different one - it's non-free. ... I'm still happy with that car. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • [Full-disclosure] DoS vulnerabilities in Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Opera
    ... I want to warn you about Denial of Service vulnerabilities in Firefox, ... Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Opera and DoS attacks on email ... clients via protocol handlers. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • DoS vulnerabilities in Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Opera
    ... I want to warn you about Denial of Service vulnerabilities in Firefox, ... Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Opera and DoS attacks on email ... clients via protocol handlers. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: DoS vulnerability in Google Chrome
    ... I believe this is a kind of functionality bug versus denial of service bug in FireFox which unfortunately is not related to the Chrome Bug. ... If FireFox knows the application and thereby wont ask, then the above script would only consume 15-25% of the CPU ressources, but no extra ram. ... DoS vulnerability in Google Chrome ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Video on autosport.com
    ... I recently switched browser from Firefox to Chrome as Firefox was ... I'm far more annoyed by having commercial advertising on my cable TV, ... I might think about paying the 100 bucks a month if it was ad free, ...
    (rec.autos.sport.f1)