Re: Firefox Alternative

On 11-06-27 02:06 AM, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
On Mon, 2011-06-27 at 10:00 +0100, Avi Greenbury wrote:

Oh, it's not a problem per se, it's just a reason it's not going to
replace Firefox or Chrome as the default browser in Ubuntu, or even ship
with the default install.
Maybe it's just a matter of ergonomics: Opera sucks at ergonomics.
Chrome and Firefox suck less, and are in competition for sucking less.
Too bad that no one has taken up where others have in the past and just
"melt" the two together and come up with something REALLY cool and
usable and ergonomic! (Oh wait, I forgot about patents and copyrights)
(Too bad that doesn't and hasn't applied to FIRE. Otherwise, the
inventor of FIRE would be richer than anyone and all of us that use Bic
lighters would have to pay a fortune to use our Bic lighters)
La la la...off to eat...

As far as ergonomics, I think the latest Firefox has really blown it. where's the refresh button, the stop button??

Vic

  • Re: Loading of Microsoft Applications on Ubuntu
    ... I use Firefox exclusively on Ubuntu and Firefox and ... Chrome on Windows. ... I switched to Chrome on Windows soon after it came out. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Firefox Alternative
    ... replace Firefox or Chrome as the default browser in Ubuntu, ... Chrome and Firefox suck less, and are in competition for sucking less. ... As far as ergonomics, I think the latest Firefox has really blown it. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Firefox Alternative
    ... replace Firefox or Chrome as the default browser in Ubuntu, ... Chrome and Firefox suck less, and are in competition for sucking less. ... loaded, there is no need for a "stop" function anymore, so it is ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Loading of Microsoft Applications on Ubuntu
    ... PBX service for businesses that you might want to look into. ... I use Firefox exclusively on Ubuntu and Firefox and ... Chrome on Windows. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • [Full-disclosure] [USN-930-1] Firefox and Xulrunner vulnerabilities
    ... A security issue affects the following Ubuntu releases: ... Ubuntu 10.04 LTS ... Mozilla has changed the support model for Firefox and they no longer ... amd64 architecture: ...
    (Full-Disclosure)