Re: Problem in making a script

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 7:14 AM, Nils Kassube <kassube@xxxxxxx> wrote:

amritpal pathak wrote:
I am making a script for my
project.In between there is need for settings of configuration
files as per each user's needs. For example:
users will edit the file to mention he/her own mobile number ,own
moblie model ,own database etc etc.
How can i do it in the script?

If by script you mean "bash script", you could use the echo and read
commands to query the user. And for manipulating config files you could
use e.g. sed if the config file is a text file. Please have a look at
these URLs for more details:

<http://www.gnu.org/software/bash/manual/html_node/index.html>
<http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Bash-Prog-Intro-HOWTO.html>
<http://tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/index.html>
<http://www.gnu.org/software/sed/manual/html_node/index.html>

If you don't mean a bash script, please clarify which script language
you are interested in.

I dont know more about scripting.I just making a .sh file in gedit
editor.is it bash scripting or linux shell scripting ?

Thanks you for reply

amritpalpathakgne.wordpress.com

  • Re: Possibly OT: sending email from shell scripts on cygwin
    ... I admit I get stuck on responding to config script questions like "what ... some MTA[*] in the script (which I think is out of the question given your ... I suggest installing one of the simple ones because they can be ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: Simple script that locks up my box with recent kernels
    ... I've been using the this very simple script for a while to do test ... builds of the kernel: ... cp .config config.$ ... compiler output and time are recorded into the destination ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: running mutt on cygwin
    ... I admit I get stuck on responding to config script questions like "what is the ... I'm running exim version 4.76 and mutt 1.5.20. ... wrt the info on port 25 being for outgoing and 110 being for incoming email. ...
    (comp.mail.mutt)
  • [GIT PULL] kconfig: simplification of scripts/extract-ikconfig
    ... I've rewritten the extract-ikconfig script to extract the kernel ... -# GNU General Public License for more details. ... +# extract-ikconfig - Extract the .config file from a kernel image ...
    (Linux-Kernel)