Re: Problem in making a script
- From: amritpal pathak <amritpalpathak1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 07:22:41 -0400
On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 7:14 AM, Nils Kassube <kassube@xxxxxxx> wrote:
amritpal pathak wrote:
I am making a script for my
project.In between there is need for settings of configuration
files as per each user's needs. For example:
users will edit the file to mention he/her own mobile number ,own
moblie model ,own database etc etc.
How can i do it in the script?
If by script you mean "bash script", you could use the echo and read
commands to query the user. And for manipulating config files you could
use e.g. sed if the config file is a text file. Please have a look at
these URLs for more details:
If you don't mean a bash script, please clarify which script language
you are interested in.
I dont know more about scripting.I just making a .sh file in gedit
editor.is it bash scripting or linux shell scripting ?
Thanks you for reply
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: Problem in making a script
- Next by Date: Re: Best Alternative Operating System To Ubuntu?
- Previous by thread: Re: Problem in making a script