Re: Assurance of repositories

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 5:00 PM, Avi <lists@xxxxxx> wrote:

Verde Denim wrote:

The big question - how can we know that repository addition requests
are not wolves-in-waiting?

Well, the same way as you do with any other source of software. Some
mix of the reputation of whoever is publishing it, accounts from people
using it and whatever testing you yourself can do.

Cool - so the original question - "Does anyone know of the validity of this
repo?" is a good one which fits in with the statements here.
Also, a little more googling and I find that sevensystems is a launchpad
site, so it could be (at least peripherally) be considered to be known-good.

What's wrong with the flashplugin-installer package in the standard
repos?

Checking the repo version, it is the stable release but is 32-bit. The
latest version from Adobe ('square') has native 64 bit support, although it
is marked as 'bleeding edge'. So far, though, it seems to be working well.

  • Re: Problems with yum.repos.d
    ... name=PlayOnLinux Official repository ... This isn't an official Fedora repo, so why not ask whoever runs it? ... I believe that the OP is asking what is wrong with the repo file itself. ...
    (Fedora)
    ... This isn't an official Fedora repo, so why not ask whoever runs it? ... I believe that the OP is asking what is wrong with the repo file itself. ... Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines ...