- From: Curt Tresenriter <ctres@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 06:57:54 -0500
On 07/05/2011 10:41 PM, NoOp wrote:
On 07/04/2011 09:07 AM, Curt Tresenriter wrote:Thanks NoOp, for the welcome and for the links - especially the one on changing the uuid.
I still have Gutsy Gibbon running on one machine and have never had a...
problem with it. Another machine runs Hardy but the hard disk is on it's
last legs. I'm planning on trying out Clonezilla or something else (any
other suggestions for this job?) to get that installation onto a healthy
Welcome to the list Curt.
Install the new drive on the system, boot from a liveCD, ensure both
drives are not mounted& use gparted copy. That will copy the data from
the old drive to the new drive bit-for-bit. You can then test by
disconnecting the old drive& booting with the new drive.
Alternate method is to use dd:
You may find this of interest:
[dd + gparted + UUID]
I'm about ready to give gparted a try.
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Sometimes Ubuntu doesn't connect to my external USB drive
- Next by Date: Re: Multi-protocol IM client that allows for grouping of contacts by protocol
- Previous by thread: Re: intro
- Next by thread: Ubuntu on P8P67+I7 2600K+ gf gtx560