Re: video card recommendation ? [SOLVED, I think]
- From: Bill Walton <bwalton.im@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 10:08:15 -0500
Just to close the loop....
The internal CD/DVD drive on the machine I've been trying to get
configured is broken so I'm using a USB drive to boot the Live CD.
That works fine on both 8.04 and 10.04. Once installed on the
hard-drive though, 10.04 takes exception.
I've got 2 of these boxes and was trying to get the 2nd (the one with
the bad CD drive) configured with 10.04. Couldn't, so I just swapped
hard-drives and 10.04 immediately started working on the 1st box,
running both monitors just fine. The video on the 2nd box, now running
8.04, wasn't working correctly either (only one monitor working after
boot and at very low res). So I put a new video card (EVGA Geforce
430) in it but could not get it configured. So I returned it, went to
ebay and found / bought a dup of the one that's working in the 1st
box. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Thanks much for all the help. I appreciate it very much.
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: NVidia Card and standard glxgears program
- Next by Date: Re: How to execute a command in newly open terminal(gnome-terminal) in scripting ?
- Previous by thread: NVidia Card and standard glxgears program
- Next by thread: ffmpeg – library configuration mismatch?