Re: Went Back To Windows(R)...

On Fri, 2011-07-29 at 15:38 -0500, Jeffrey Gray wrote:
Yes, it is pretty simple to get two going but to get all 4 is a task
if you want to be able to drag windows from screen to screen.

I will not profess to be an expert on xorg. I started as a Unix admin
for many years and just started migrating to Linux about 3 years
ago...but still kept for server use. I love Ubuntu server. I find it
quite clean and streamlined for what I use on a server.

If you are using nVidia, then just use nVidia X-Server Settings. I'll be
doing the 4 monitor thing as soon as I update my MoBo with two identical
nVidia cards. I'll be able to surround myself with space aliens and be
shooting up the galaxy. Sweet... Ric

Linux user# 44256

  • Re: Login failure after latest update for: 10.04.1 LTS (64-bit; nvidia)
    ... 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G98M [Quadro NVS ... Do you have the latest nVidia drivers installed? ... ..the Sin of Ignorance, ... Linux user# 44256 ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Two seat pc [was Re: install nvidia for latest debian kernel]
    ... got those instructions from.Just download the nvidia installer,run it and you should be good to go. ... SubSection "Display" ... # Greeter for local logins. ... # The X server to use if we can't figure out what else to run. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: NVIDIA Problem?
    ... it's NOT a problem with the NVIDIA driver. ... on X server:0. ... Exiting. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • xorg nvidia
    ... from command line, notice, informational, ... This server has a video driver ABI version of 2.0 but this ... driver is designed to work with versions before 2.0. ... NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the NVIDIA kernel module! ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Nvidia card and Xen in lenny
    ... nv and nvidia. ... not enabling in X server ... # This file was generated by dexconf, the Debian X Configuration tool, using ... Identifier "Generic Keyboard" ...
    (Debian-User)