Re: Went Back To Windows(R)...

Dotan Cohen wrote:

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 19:51, Hal Burgiss <hal@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 12:35 PM, Jesse Palser <SLNTHERO@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

Just thought I would share my opinion that current Windows(R) is
really not too bad.

No, its not bad. It sucks out loud. You should really qualify such
remarks. Did they EVER get multiple desktops?

No.

I'm pretty sure that there's support for that in both the ATi and NVidia
drivers, but not by default in Windows itself or with anybody else's
graphics chipsets.

[...]

How many filesystem types are
supported?

How many does Linux support? If you are referring to ext3, then
support can be installed.

I'm suspect that Linux supports more than Windows, depending on what
precisely you term 'linux'. But number-of-supported-filesystems is a
crap way to compare OSs anyway - the point, if any, should be the
quality of FS. I'm pretty sure either OS can be persuaded to use
anything the other can.

--
Avi

  • Re: What is a MVP?
    ... I made no claim about my person other than I worked as support for Unix ... Windows is like a platform. ... Do I consider you to be yet another Linux troll?.. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Improvement in Freeview tuning functionality
    ... difficult in Windows too, of course, but, as my post and the following ... Sorry, but are you claiming that with all linux distros, etc, it isn't ... support to a limited number of models, ... The second method is to take all the installation mechanisms of the OS ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • RE: Windows 98 box is owned
    ... even though I still have to convert my wife and parents over to Linux, ... > longer have support in the future. ... Windows PC's require a lot of overhead to keep ... >>2) Install ZoneAlarm. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Ive dumped Linux and moved to Windows XP.
    ... > Presumably Windows own 'Add/Remove programmes' does not qualify? ... is that 3rd party support is king. ... apps at a time when everyone else kept their systems proprietary. ... And no, linux doesn't fulfill all of these requirements, ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Ive dumped Linux and moved to Windows XP.
    ... > Presumably Windows own 'Add/Remove programmes' does not qualify? ... is that 3rd party support is king. ... apps at a time when everyone else kept their systems proprietary. ... And no, linux doesn't fulfill all of these requirements, ...
    (alt.os.linux)